Ortofon Quintet MC Red Cartridge
Moving Coil Cartridge
The Quintet Red is a perfect introduction to the world of Ortofon moving coils.
It features an Elliptical diamond which is cut and polished to Ortofon’s standards.
This entry-level MC cartridge has very high price-to-performance ratio and is a perfect all-rounder for the newcomers to the world of Moving Coil cartridges.
MC Quintet Red is an all-purpose cartridge that delivers open, dynamic sound with a slight touch of warmth.
- Output voltage at 1 kHz 5 cm/sec | 0.5 mV
- Channel balance | 1.5 dB
- Channel separation at 1 kHz | 21 dB
- Channel separation at 15 kHz | 14 dB
- Frequency range at -3 dB | 20 - 25,000Hz
- Frequency response 20-20,000 Hz | +/-2.5 dB
- Tracking ability at 315 Hz at recommended tracking force | 65 μm
- Compliance, dynamic, lateral | 15 μm/mN
- Stylus type | Elliptical
- Stylus tip radius | r/R 8/18 μm
- Tracking force range | 2.1-2.5 g (21-25 mN)
- Tracking force (recommended) | 2.3 g (23 mN)
- Tracking angle | 20°
- Internal impedance, DC resistance | 7 Ohm
- Recommended load impedance | 20 Ohm
- Cartridge body material | ABS/Aluminium
- Coil wire material | Copper
- Cartridge colour | Red
- Cartridge weight | 9 g
For more information on Styli & Cartridges contact us for a chat.