Amplifiers are at the heart of every system. They simply take a low level signal in and amplify this to drive speakers.
Amplifiers come in many forms, some for 2-channel audio only, some for surround sound. Some have radio built in, while others offer everything from HDMI, Internet Radio, Bluetooth, Music Streaming and Tablet control.
When choosing an amplifier you need to consider the following:
- Will this be used for TV, Music or both?
- What do you watch, DVD, TV, Netflix, Foxtel?
- What do you listen to, Radio AM/FM, Internet Radio, CD, TV, iPods, do you stream your music?
- What is the size of your listening room or rooms?
- How many rooms would you like to cover?
- What type of speakers are you using?