Ruark MRX WIRELESS SPEAKER
MRx CONNECTED WIRELESS SPEAKER
As you would expect from Ruark, MRx is something rather special! With great sound and a wide range of abilities, on its own MRx makes a perfect system for your lounge, kitchen or study, but linked with other MRx or our R2 Mk3, R5 and R7 Mk3 models it’s easy to build a wireless multi-room system for quality synchronised sound wherever required.
MRx has been built for wireless streaming and offers a fantastic choice of options. For direct streaming, its Bluetooth receiver allows quick and easy connection and with aptX technology you will enjoy CD quality sound from compatible devices. With a broadband internet connection MRx comes alive and allows access to internet radio and an almost infinite library of music through online services such as Spotify, Deezer, Tidal and Amazon Music. Moreover you can also stream music stored on other networked computers and also from your phone.
Specifically for MRx, we have developed new speaker units based on the driver technology from our award-winning MR1. A new cone and coil assembly coupled with the powerful neodymium magnet system provides a full-range driver with unrivalled performance. These drivers are mounted as a stereo pair into tuned bass reflex enclosures and powered by a high-fidelity two channel Class A-B amplifier. Using the latest sound processing technology, we have further tuned the sound and have created a stereo soundstage that belies the MRx compact dimensions.
EASY TO CONTROL
Our stylish controller located on the front of MRx allows volume and source to be easily changed, but for full remote control we have a dedicated app for iOS and Android devices called UNDOK. This allows full control of all MRx functions and also displays information on the source material being played. UNDOK also allows users to create and manage groups when two or more MRx units are being used together as part of a multi-room system. R2 Mk3, R5 and R7 Mk3 are also compatible with MRx and can also be controlled with the UNDOK app.
On its own MRx is a great music system, but with its ‘multi-room’ capabilities you can wirelessly link and sync MRx with additional MRx or our R2 Mk3, R5 and R7 Mk3 models, so you can distribute music all around your home. Set-up and control is easy to perform on our UNDOK app for iOS and Android. This allows control of each device so volume etc. can be set just as you want it.
With an internet radio tuner built in, MRx gives you virtually unlimited access to radio stations at home and abroad. If you’re living away from home, you can stay connected with your favourite stations through the wonders of internet radio and if you love country or jazz then you can search worldwide by musical genre to find stations that specialise in the type of music you love. MRx also allows you to access radio podcasts and catch-up services, notably programmes from the BBC, so if you ever miss a show you can catch up at your leisure.
HIGH QUALITY BLUETOOTH
For a quick and easy connection without the need for wi-fi, MRx has a high-performance aptX Bluetooth receiver so you can directly stream from compatible devices to MRx with CD quality sound. An increasing number of Smartphones and other devices have aptX technology built-in, but with or without, sound quality over Bluetooth with MRx is remarkable.
Alongside its wireless connectivity, MRx also has great direct connectivity, with a combined line-in and digital optical input allowing auxiliary devices such as a turntable, Amazon Dot, Google Chromecast or Apple AirPort Express to be easily connected. Also featured is a USB playback port which allows you to conveniently playback music stored on a memory stick or portable hard drive in a variety of popular audio codecs. Furthermore, all these inputs are multi-room enabled, so if desired can be streamed wirelessly to other MRx or our R2 Mk3 and R7 Mk3 models.
MRx has been designed for wireless connectivity, but also we’ve included an ethernet socket so MRx can be wired to a network if required. A wired ethernet connection ensures reliability in playback and can also prove useful if you want to use MRx where the wi-fi signal from your home router is variable or weak. In this case, ethernet powerline adaptors can be used and provide an easy to use solution to resolve network problems.
MRx features a linear Class A-B amplifier with a quality switch mode power supply. Linear amplifiers are used in the world’s best audio equipment and in our opinion still offer superior performance when compared to new style digital amplifiers, which often sound unrefined in comparison. Alongside our new custom drive units, linear amplification is another reason why MRx sounds so good.
We’ve designed MRx so it can be used in both landscape and portrait orientation and have included threaded inserts on the rear so it can also be wall mounted if required. In addition, a selector switch allows MRx to be used singly or with two units a stereo pair can be created. However you use MRx, its beautiful design makes it a focal point which will enhance your surroundings and life.
WIRELESS MUSIC ACCESS
MRx allows you to wirelessly access music stored on computers and NAS drives connected to your home network. This makes MRx ideal if you like to download music or record and store your CDs on one central device. It supports a variety of popular audio codecs including WAV, WMA, AAC, FLAC and MP3. Please note that audio streaming over a network requires a NAS drive or PC/Mac running DLNA certified software with sharing enabled.
BEAUTIFUL TO HEAR AND BEHOLD
MRx is crafted from select materials which we know from our years spent designing High-Fidelity loudspeakers, provide the best sound. Additionally, we understand aesthetics and how the combination of our hand finished cabinets, controller, alloy stand and British-sourced fabric front creates something special. Its beauty lies in its simplicity; not just in its ease-of-use, but in its sophisticated, timeless design.
- Class leading sound quality
- Twin reflex tuned and damped enclosures
- Ruark Audio 75mm full-range driver with powerful neodymium magnet system
- Linear Class A-B Amplifier, 20 watts nominal output
- Bass and treble adjustment
- Enhanced 3D stereo sound
- Loudness function provides enhanced sound at low volume levels
- Internet receiver provides access to over 30,000 stations and also podcasts globally
- Wireless DLNA audio streaming from networked storage devices and PCs
- Multi-room capability allows two or more MRx to be linked together for synchronised sound around your home. Also compatible with R2 Mk3, R5 and R7 Mk3
- Bluetooth V4.0, SBC, AAC, A2DP and aptX enabled audio receiver provides CD quality sound with compatible devices
- Spotify Connect provides seamless integration with Spotify App and access to 20+ million tracks
OTHER MUSIC SERVICES
- MRx is also compatible with Deezer, Tidal and Amazon Music
- Combined 3.5mm analogue and optical input to connect other audio devices
- USB playback port. Codecs supported include WAV, WMA, AAC, FLAC and MP3
- Ethernet connector for direct network connection
- Intuitive control system
- Pin-point LEDs show system status and source
- UNDOK app provides full control of MRx from iOS and Android devices
- Landscape or portrait orientation
- Stereo/mono/left/right selector switch
- Anodised aluminium stand
- 2 × UNC ¼in inserts at 59mm centres on back panel for wall mounting
- Rich Walnut veneer with silver alloy stand and lead grey fabric grille
- Soft Grey lacquer with silver alloy stand and lead grey fabric grille
- 100-240VAC, 50-60Hz input, 14VDC 2.0A output
- 2.0W networked standby power when connected to a network
- Automatic standby after 20 mins, see user guide for more details
DIMENSIONS (INCLUDING STAND)
- Landscape: H180 × W300 × D180mm
- Portrait: H320 × W160 × D180mm
- 3.4 Kg
Listen to the MRx Wireless Speaker by Ruark Audio in our Wollongong showroom today.